Operation Christmas Child, a project of Samaritan’s Purse, is the world’s largest Christmas outreach of its kind. Since 1993, Operation Christmas Child has delivered gift-filled shoeboxes to millions of children affected by war, poverty, natural disasters, and other crises in more than 150 countries and territories. OCC partners with local churches to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with those who receive shoebox gifts and offer a 12-lesson discipleship program, The Greatest Journey, that helps boys and girls learn what it means to follow the Lord and share their faith with others.
- Get a shoebox for a girl or boy (be sure to affix boy/girl label found in the brochure provided in foyer). Special Operation Christmas Child decorative boxes are available in the Worship Center foyer, or use an empty, average sized cardboard or plastic shoebox. You can wrap the box if you prefer. (Wrap the lid separately)
- Include a “Wow” toy such as a doll, soccer ball with pump, or stuffed animal.
- Fill with other fun toys, hygiene items, and school supplies to fill the box completely (see below).
- Most importantly, PRAY for the child who will receive your gift. Include a personal note and photo.
- Include a $9.00 donation to help cover shipping. If you do this online, you can follow your box via Operation Christmas Child’s website.
- Drop off your Shoebox at the church office or in the foyer of the Worship Center from November 4th through the 18th.
Start with a large toy that a child will cherish, like a beautiful doll, a deflated soccer ball with pump, or a plush stuffed animal. Then fill the box completely, adding quality items like cars, musical instruments, puzzles, jump ropes, etc.
SCHOOL SUPPLIES such as pencils, pens, crayons, notebooks, coloring books, etc.
NON-LIQUID HYGIENE ITEMS such as toothbrushes, bar soap, washcloths, combs, etc.
PERSONAL NOTE and photo of you and your family/group. If you include your name and address, the child may be able to write to you.
VISIT samaritanspurse.org/occ for more gift suggestions, craft ideas, etc.
DO NOT INCLUDE candy, toothpaste, gum, used or damaged items; war-related items, seeds, food, liquids or lotions, medications or vitamins, breakable items or glass containers, aerosol cans.
For more information, please contact the Church office at 831-638-1394 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org